At Private Capital Group, we take tremendous pride in our employees and their successes. We believe it is important to showcase the group of hard-working individuals we have. Our employees are extremely dedicated, committed, and driven to provide our clients with the best possible service and care. In this month’s edition of PCG’s Get To Know Us Wednesday, we are highlighting our Associate Advisor – Financial Planning - Alondre Rush.
One of Private Capital Group’s newest members, Alondre Rush, joined us in August of 2020. Having served in industry roles in life insurance sales, management, and wealth management, Alondre brings years of experience in change management, process improvement, leading and developing teams, and operational excellence. In 2018, he was one of nine selected from top financial advisor offices to join Securities America’s Sales Assistant Advisory Board. Prior to joining the work force, Alondre received a football scholarship to play at Central Connecticut State University and graduated in 3.5 years.
There are two things everyone should know about Alondre: he is beyond loyal to those who support him and Alondre is a staunch believer in paying it forward. Alondre viewed his scholarship to CCSU as the best gift he could give his mom for all her sacrifice in giving him every opportunity to succeed. In addition to a successful football career at CCSU, Alondre had promised his head coach that he would graduate early so that his “remaining” scholarship could be awarded to a player on his team that deserved it.
When he is not helping assist the advisors and serve Private Capital Group’s clients, Alondre is always on the go. Alondre invests a lot of his free time as a football coach at his alma mater, Xavier High School. Although the 2020 season has been temporarily postponed and restructured, Alondre thoroughly enjoys working closely with his players and preparing them for the next phase of their lives, both in football and beyond. Alondre also helped plant and currently serves at Generation Church, located in Hartford County. Although the COVID19 pandemic struck just a month into the church’s existence, Alondre is so proud of the successful transition to a virtual experience during this time. Although seemingly he may not have time for anything else, Alondre is always seeking new opportunities to be involved in organizations that help kids, his community, the less fortunate, and those looking for a second chance.
As an optimist, Alondre has viewed the pandemic as a great opportunity to push up deadlines, challenge himself and set the bar higher. Alondre has run at least one mile a day, read and/or listened to multiple books, continued his financial education, while embracing being still in the moment. An avid reader, Alondre focuses on books and podcasts that emphasize self-development. Alondre is always open to more book suggestions to fill his wisdom toolbox, so feel free to share with him!
Private Capital Group is extremely excited to have Alondre as a part of our team and in his Associate Advisor- Financial Planning role. His dedication to Private Capital Group allows us to operate smoothly, effectively, and efficiently every day. We cannot wait to see what the future has in store for Alondre both at PCG and beyond! We hope you can meet Alondre in person and learn a little more about his story when we are able to have you back in the office.
If you would like to learn more about Alondre, please view his “Quick Fire” answers.
- First and Last Name: Alondre Rush
- Nickname: Rush (got this from my football teammates and coaches), Dre, Laundry (funny story how I got this one)
- Job Title: Associate Advisor – Financial Planning
- Hometown: Middletown, CT
- City and state you currently live in: East Hampton, CT
- College Graduated: Central Connecticut State University
- Family: No kids, not married, but definitely want them both.
Expertise and Work Experience
- Professional Expertise/Specialization: Change Management, Process Improvement, Operational Excellence.
- What did you do before working at PCG? Wealth Management Associate
- Favorite Part about working with PCG clients: How highly they speak of their advisor and our team.
- Why do you enjoy working at PCG?: The firm is exactly who they said they were during the interview process. Bottom line, PCG actually does the things a lot of firms say they do, but don’t really do to serve clients.
- ALL Designations/Certifications: Life & Health insurance licensed. Currently pursuing Series 65.
- Proudest Accomplishment:
Professionally: One of nine selected from top financial advisor offices to join Securities America’s Sales Assistant Advisory Board in 2018.
Personally/athletically: Receiving a full scholarship to play football at Central Connecticut State University and graduating in 3.5 years.
Charity and Organizational Involvement
Passionate about opportunities that involve working with kids, children’s hospitals, advancing the education system, mitigating violence, diversity and inclusion, feeding and sheltering the less fortunate and providing second chance opportunities to those that most have counted out. If you have opportunities, reach out!
Personality and Other
- Biggest Fear: Drowning and disappointing the people who have invested and believe in me
- New Hobby or Activity During Stay-at-Home: Running a mile a day. I strongly dislike running, but wanted to challenge myself.
- Favorite type of music: R&B (Rhythm and Blues) and Contemporary Christian music
- What has COVID-19 made you appreciate most? The power of being still and not always being on the go.
- Favorite Book: Too many to count. Some of the first books that fueled this passion were:
- The Energy Bus by John Gordon
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
Some of my recent reads:
- The Power of Moments- Chip Heath & Dan Heath
- Elevate- Joseph Deitch
- Can’t hurt me- David Goggins
Also love podcasts!
- Favorite Sports Team: Dallas Cowboys. Also root for the Chicago Bulls and New York Yankees.
- Favorite activity/hobby outside the office: Board games, golf, basketball. I’m competitive. Hate to lose, but NOT a sore loser.
- Dogs or Cats: No pets. I do want a dog, preferably a Rottweiler or French Bulldog
- First job: Summer Camp Counselor
- Dream travel destination: Africa or The Maldives. I’ve been out of the country once, to Aruba. I want to travel more. On my bucket list is to do a cross country road trip.
- Email: email@example.com
ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU WANT TO SHARE:
- Coach High School football at my alma Mater, Xavier High School.
- Helped plant and currently serve at Generation Church, located in Hartford County.