All of us at Private Capital Group hope you and your loved ones are safe and in good health after the devastation from Hurricane/Tropical Storm Isaias. As many members of PCG have, we know many of you may have lost and are still without power. Because of this storm, we apologize for delaying our release of this week’s edition of Get To Know Us Wednesday. With that being said, PCG has been able to readily adapt and we hope you all enjoy learning more about this week’s featured PCG team member, Donna Gorman, our Operations Specialist/Client Services Associate. Please do not hesitate to reach out to anyone at Private Capital Group during this time. We are here for you.
At Private Capital Group, we take tremendous pride in our employees and their successes. We believe it is important to showcase the group of hard-working individuals we have. Our employees are extremely dedicated, committed, and driven to provide our clients with the best possible service and care.
Donna joined the Private Capital Group team in October 2019 and has over 20 years experience in the financial industry. She has held a variety of positions in Compliance, Operations and Customer Service. This, and her passion for the client, makes her an asset to the team. Donna supports Gail, the Operations Manager, and is the Client Service Associate for our clients' insurance needs.
Although born in Syracuse, NY, it’s difficult to say where Donna is “from”, as she moved several times while growing up! Her dad worked for GE and was transferred to Springfield, MA, Erie, PA, and Binghamton, NY. Her family moved again to Gales Ferry CT and Somers, CT. This meant Donna had to attend three different high schools! After graduating from the University of Connecticut, Donna continued to move several times on her own, living in VT, CT, and MA. She recently bought a condo in Suffield, CT (and she plans to stay put!) and adopted a cat named Chloe. Donna has 6 siblings, (which made moving and changing schools much easier!). She is an aunt to 16 nieces and nephews and has 9 grand nieces and nephews.
In her spare time, Donna is settling into her condo, doing some remodeling and meeting her neighbors. She plans to become a member of the HOA Board. Donna’s hobbies include trying new recipes, and walking and biking on the nearby Rails to Trails. She has been volunteering for over 15 years as a dispatcher for Rachel’s Table, an organization that helps fight hunger and reduce food waste in Western Massachusetts.
Private Capital Group is extremely excited to have Donna as a part of our team. We cannot wait to see what the future has in store for Donna both at PCG and beyond! We hope you can meet Donna in person and get to know her better when we are back in the office.
If you would like to learn more about Donna, please view her “Quick Fire” answers. Also, be sure to check her out on LinkedIn!
- First and Last Name: Donna Gorman
- Job Title: Operations Specialist/Client Service Associate (Insurance)
- Hometown: Syracuse, NY
- City and State you currently live in: Suffield, CT
- College Graduated: BA from University of CT, Storrs; Paralegal Studies Certificate from Bay Path University, Longmeadow, MA
- Family: 6 siblings, 16 nieces and nephews, 9 grand nieces and nephews
Expertise and Work Experience
- Professional Expertise/Specialization: Financial Services/Compliance
- What did you do before working at PCG? A similar position at Lincoln Financial Group; 17 years at MassMutual
- Favorite Part about working with PCG clients: Giving all of our clients financial peace of mind
- Why do you enjoy working at PCG?: Great group of co-workers!
- Designations/Certifications: Paralegal Studies Certificate, FINRA Series 6, 26 and 63 and LOMA AIRC
Charity and Organizational Involvement
- Charity Name: Rachel’s Table
- Level of Involvement: 3 hours a month
- Why is this charity/organization important to you?: It alleviates hunger and the waste of food in Western Massachusetts.
Personality and Other
- Biggest Fear: Drowning
- New Hobby or Activity During Stay-at-Home: I had to get a hip replacement in May!
- Favorite type of music: 70’s Classic Rock
- What has COVID-19 made you appreciate the most?: What health workers have had to deal with
- Favorite activity/hobby outside the office: Cooking; walking and biking
- Dogs or Cats: Cats
- First job: Busser
- Dream travel destination: Alaskan cruise
Be sure to follow Private Capital Group on our social media pages and tune in every other Wednesday to learn more about the Private Capital Group team. As always, we hope that you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy.