At Private Capital Group, we take tremendous pride in our employees and their successes. We believe it is important to showcase the group of hard-working individuals we have. Our employees are extremely dedicated, committed, and driven to provide our clients with the best possible service and care. In this week’s edition of PCG’s Get To Know Us Wednesday, we are thrilled to highlight our Operations Manager, Gail Champiny.
Another Connecticut native, Gail was born in Somers, CT, attended college at the University of Connecticut, and now currently resides in Enfield, CT. Gail has been with Private Capital Group for just over a year as our Operations Manager after spending 15 years at Lincoln Financial. During her time at Lincoln Financial, Gail established herself as a critical piece of the Operations staff, serving in roles such as Practice Manager and Operations Manager. Through her many years in the financial services industry and operations, Gail also has extensive knowledge and can help many clients with insurance related issues. Gail has certifications in both the Series 7 and 63, is Life Accident and Health Licensed, and is a Notary Public. Her skill set, dedication to clients and the firm where she works, and hard work proved evident when she was recognized by Lincoln Financial as the Top Client Service Associate in 2014.
As a working single mom raising her two children Daniel and Lauren, who are now young adults, one might wonder when she would have time for anything else. Outside of her many achievements and successes wherever she works, Gail also has taken the time to become a fitness instructor and currently teaches group exercise classes at Club Fitness. Gail enjoys teaching all her classes, but the Step HIIT class is her favorite. We recommend taking her HIIT class at 5:15 am for a good sweat once classes resume at the gym!
Grand-niece, Gail, daughter Lauren, son Daniel
Gail recently purchased a home, which she just moved into a few weeks ago. Gail believes that spending time with her family and enjoying life’s simple things, like seeing her two-year old great niece, are what really matter. One day, however, Gail does wish to travel to Australia to visit the many beaches and hike the many trails.
Private Capital Group is extremely excited to have Gail as a part of our team and in her leadership role. Her dedication to Private Capital Group allows us to operate smoothly, effectively, and efficiently every day. We cannot wait to see what the future has in store for Gail both at PCG and beyond! We hope you can meet Gail in person and learn a little more about her story when we are able to have you back in the office.
If you would like to learn more about Gail, please view her “Quick Fire” answers. Also, be sure to check her out on LinkedIn and at Club Fitness!
- First and Last Name: Gail Champiny
- Job Title: Operations Manager
- Hometown: Somers, CT
- City and state you currently live in: Enfield, CT
- College Graduated: University of CT
- Family: 2 children: Daniel (age 24) and Lauren (age 18). One older sister
Expertise and Work Experience
- Professional Expertise/Specialization: Financial Services/Practice Management/Insurance
- What did you do before working at PCG? Was a Practice Manager for an advisor for 15 years at Lincoln Financial and went on to be the Operations Manager for the Windsor office for 2 years
- Favorite Part about working with PCG clients: Although my role really doesn’t get to have much interaction with clients, I really enjoy when I cover the phones for Katie as I get to talk with clients which is my favorite part of this business.
- Why do you enjoy working at PCG?: The family environment
- Awards: I was recognized as the top client service associate at Lincoln Financial
- ALL Designations/Certifications: Series 7 and 63, Life Accident and Health Licensed, Notary Public
- Proudest Accomplishment: Became certified as a fitness instructor and teach group exercise classes at Club Fitness.
Charity and Organizational Involvement
Raising 2 children as a single mom did not allow for much time to volunteer. Now that they are grown, I am looking for ways to get involved in the community.
Personality and Other
- Biggest Fear: Heights
- New Hobby or Activity During Stay-at-Home: Just purchased a home 2 weeks ago so my new hobby will be decorating my house.
- Favorite type of music: 80’s music
- What has COVID-19 made you appreciate most?: Time with my family and friends and enjoying the simple things.
- Favorite Sports Team: Bruins
- Favorite activity/hobby outside the office: Hiking and going to the beach. I also enjoy spending time helping to take care of my 2-year-old great niece
- Dogs or Cats: I have 3 cats
- First job: My first job out of college was working for Johnson Controls on the project to privatize Hartford Public Schools
- Dream travel destination: I have always wanted to visit Australia
- LinkedIn: Gail Champiny LinkedIn
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to follow Private Capital Group on our social media pages and tune in every other Wednesday to learn more about the Private Capital Group team. As always, we hope that you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy.