At Private Capital Group, we take tremendous pride in our employees and their successes. We believe it is important to showcase the group of hardworking individuals we have. Our employees are dedicated, committed, and driven to providing our clients with the best possible service and care. In this month’s edition of PCG’s “Get To Know Us Wednesday,” we are highlighting Mary Rose Cusick, one of our client service associates.
Born and raised outside Philadelphia, Pa., Mary Rose and her family call the city’s suburb of Haverford home. Mary Rose graduated with honors from Chestnut Hill College at the age of 20, spending half of her senior year interning to gain valuable experience to embark on a career marked with delivering superior service.
As one of six children, and a mother of three young children, Mary Rose loves spending time with her family. Her sister, Julie, also works at Private Capital Group! Her children, Cavan, Claire Paisley, and Cillian, share their mother’s dedication and commitment to doing something they love. All three children train as figure skaters six days a week and Claire Paisley also shines in dance. When Mary Rose is not busy traveling to and from the ice rink and dance studio, she enjoys cooking with and for her kids. During the stay-at-home period in the spring and summer, Mary Rose and her kids conducted science experiments and hit the nearby trails on roller blades and bikes to explore the natural beauty that had always been surrounding them.
In her professional life, people relations has always been the uniting theme. From public relations director to private concierge, and now, new to the financial planning and wealth management industry, Mary Rose welcomes learning every day and applying her experience and newfound knowledge to better serve PCG clients. For those who have spent any time with Mary Rose, you know she enjoys speaking with clients, listening to them, and assisting them in helping to meet their needs.
Private Capital Group is excited to have Mary Rose as a part of our team. Pride in her work and enthusiasm to be a part of the PCG team contributes to our company goal of smooth, effective, and efficient operations. We cannot wait to see what the future has in store for Mary Rose both at PCG and beyond! We hope you can meet Mary Rose in person someday and learn a little more about her story.
To learn more about Mary Rose now, check out the Quickfire Q&A below.
- First and Last Name: Mary Rose Cusick
- Nickname: MR
- Job Title: Client Service Associate
- Residence: Haverford, Pennsylvania
- College graduated: Chestnut Hill College, May 2001
- Family: Married, husband, Kevin; three children, Cavan, age 10; Claire Paisley, age 8; Cillian, age 6
Expertise and Work Experience
- Professional expertise/specialization: People relations has been my calling – from media and public relations director to my role as CSA with PCG
- What did you do before working at PCG? Private concierge for executives and professionals
- Favorite part about working with PCG clients: How receptive they are to try something new – DocuSign!
- Why do you enjoy working at PCG?: I enjoy speaking with clients, listening to them and assisting to help meet their needs
- Most fond memory while working at PCG: Stay tuned 😊 – I’m a newbie!
- Awards: Graduated college with honors; exclusive membership in the Departmental Honors program, Communications & Technology
- Proudest accomplishment: Published works
Personality and Other
- New hobby or activity during stay-at-home: Science “experiments” with my kids
- Favorite type of music: Christmas music
- What has COVID-19 made you appreciate most?: COVID-19 blessed me with the gift of time – I relished in the days, weeks and months spent with my children
- Favorite book: Skipping Christmas
- Favorite sports team: Philadelphia Flyers
- Favorite activity/hobby outside the office: Watching my children figure skate and dance; walk!
- First job: Babysitter at 11 years old!
- Dream travel destination: Russia, Norway
- LinkedIn: Mary Rose Cusick
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU WANT TO SHARE:
All three of my children train as figure skaters six days/week, a true testament to their dedication to the sport and discipline to adhere to a schedule; my daughter also excels in dance, which requires masterful discipline.
One of six children; live five minutes from my parents.
Born and raised outside Philadelphia.
Graduated college at age 20 and studied Broadcast Journalism before totally realizing that writing meant more to me than relaying information on screen.
Left the “workplace” for nearly nine years to be a stay-at-home mother to my three children before working independently as a private concierge pre-pandemic.
Believe that kindness, positivity and ingenuity can drive you – embrace it!
Would like to write a book someday.
Would like to speak French fluently.
Love to cook, especially with and for my kids!