At Private Capital Group, we take tremendous pride in our employees and their successes. We believe it is important to showcase our group of hardworking individuals, who are dedicated, committed and driven to providing our clients with the best possible service and care. In this month’s edition of PCG’s “Get to Know Us Wednesday,” we highlight Sidney Mao, our Junior Client Service Associate.
A Nutmeg State homegrown, Sidney Mao was born in Milford, Conn., lived in West Haven until she was 10, and moved to Branford where she stayed until heading off to college. A self-described “shoreliner,” Sidney now calls West Hartford home. She earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Cognitive Science from the University of Connecticut in 2019, making her one among the first generation in her family to graduate from college or university. She considers the honor her proudest accomplishment, but we know it is a jumpstart to a star-filled career.
Joining our team early in 2020, Sidney’s on-the-job training called for immediate interaction with clients. Her calm and soft-spoken demeaner delivers reassurance and confidence, exactly the qualities PCG intends to impart during client connections. Sidney appreciates and admires the mutual care and support the PCG team environment provides her, and it launches her down the path of providing peace of mind to all clients. Sidney’s merit and performance has earned her growing responsibilities, which she enthusiastically accepts and continues to help build and define PCG as your trusted and reliable partner in financial wellness.
Outside of PCG, Sidney enjoys spending time with her family and friends and working on her digital art projects. During her childhood, Sidney found her earliest joy and passion in drawing. Her love for drawing stems from watching various animated works and playing video games. After seeing her in action, Sidney’s cousins gifted her a Wacom drawing tablet that allowed her to work beyond a pencil and paper. Later, her interest shifted to the digital medium as she started creating her art with drawing software. Sidney welcomes this transfer to digital art because she can work with a variety of tools without making a mess!
At PCG, we appreciate Sidney as an integral part of our team and know she embodies our mission of passion for the client, own your role and always support your team. Her work ethic, positive spirit and eagerness to grow and learn are just part of what helps PCG operate smoothly, effectively and efficiently every day. We cannot wait to see what the future has in store for Sidney both at PCG and beyond. We hope you can meet Sidney in person and learn a little more about her story when we are able to have you back in the office.
If you would like to learn more about Sidney, check out her Quick-Fire question and answers!
- First and Last Name: Sidney Mao
- Job Title: Junior Client Service Associate
- Hometown: Branford, CT
- City and state you currently live in: West Hartford, CT
- College Graduated: University of Connecticut
Expertise and Work Experience
- Professional Expertise/Specialization: Customer service
- What did you do before working at PCG? Graduated UConn in May 2019 with B.A. in Cognitive Science. Worked part time at a restaurant for a while before working at PCG.
- Favorite Part about working with PCG clients: Everyone I get a chance to interact with is warm and friendly. It’s been a pleasure being able to help these clients and I look forward to continuing to work with them.
- Why do you enjoy working at PCG?: It’s an environment that thrives on mutual care and support. In my role as Junior CSA, I am primarily helping clients with their financial needs, but sometimes I am also helping the advisors and other team members with their work too. However, it isn’t all one-sided. When I need help, the advisors and team members are always there to lend a hand. Clients have also given me valuable feedback to help me grow in my position. It’s very heartwarming to work at a firm where selflessness is everywhere!
- Most fond memory while working at PCG: Our first remote Happy Hour. At the time, I was not with PCG for that long, however, we had started working remote and I remember missing seeing everyone at the office only after a few weeks. Being able to see everyone’s faces for the first time in while was very nice. Nothing will replace face to face interactions, but that was one moment where I really appreciated the existence of web calls and it was awesome how we were all equipped to use this means of communication early on.
- Proudest Accomplishment: Being among the first generation in my family to graduate college.
Personality and Other
- Biggest Fear: Spiders and insects
- New Hobby or Activity During Stay-at-Home: Taking walks around the neighborhood
- Favorite type of music: Video Game Soundtracks
- What has COVID-19 made you appreciate most?: My friends and family
- Favorite activity/hobby outside the office: Digital art
- Dogs or Cats: Cats
- First job: Cashier at a food court
- Dream travel destination: Kyoto, Japan
- LinkedIn: Sidney Mao
All of us at Private Capital extend warm wishes for a safe and very happy holiday season to you and your loved ones. May the new year be filled with hope and health. Best to you and we look forward to speaking with you soon.