At Private Capital Group, we take tremendous pride in our employees and their successes. We believe it is important to showcase the group of hard-working individuals we have. PCG is starting a new initiative in which every other week, we will be highlighting one of our employees. Our employees are extremely dedicated, committed, and driven to provide our clients with the best possible service and care.
Kaitlyn Rose Mott, our bubbly and extremely friendly Front Office Coordinator, is one of our newest members at Private Capital Group. Kaitlyn, also known as Katie, was born in San Jose, CA and lived in the Bay Area until she was 10. Although she is apartment hunting, Katie currently resides in Willington, Connecticut with her Bishon/Shih Tzu mix named Cali. Katie also is the oldest of six girls ranging in age from 24-15!
Although one may say that she has never lost the California spirit, especially when supporting the San Jose Sharks of the National Hockey League, she has created firm roots in Connecticut and New England. Katie is currently finishing up her A.S. in Business Administration at Manchester Community College and will be pursuing a bachelor's degree in Social Work with a minor in Peace and Human Rights. When she is not helping PCG clients with her fun-loving and warm personality, Katie is extremely dedicated to spending her time with various charities and organizations. She has been significantly involved in Cru at UConn since 2017 as a Digital Strategies Coordinator and Community Outreach & Service Leader, Bridges International UConn as the chapter Co-Founder and Leader since 2018, and Church Army USA as a volunteer since 2018. As seen in both her work at PCG and where she spends her time outside of the office, Katie is driven and extremely passionate in helping others any way she can, especially when it comes to community outreach and making a difference in the lives of others.
Private Capital Group is extremely excited to have Kaitlyn join our team. Her infectious personality brings thoughtfulness and joy in everything that she does. We cannot wait to see what the future has in store for her both at PCG and beyond! We hope you all can meet Kaitlyn in person when we are able to have you back in the office soon.
If you would like to learn more about Kaitlyn, please view her “Quick Fire” answers. Also, be sure to check her out on LinkedIn and other social media platforms!
- First and Last Name: Kaitlyn Rose Mott
- Job Title: Front Office Coordinator
- Hometown: San Jose, CA
- City and state you currently live in: Willington, CT
- College Graduated: Currently finishing up A.S. in Business Administration at Manchester Community College and will be pursuing my Bachelor’s in Social Work with a minor in Peace and Human Rights.
- Family: I’m the oldest of 6 girls (ranging in ages from 24-15). Myself (24), Amanda (22), Victoria (21), Melessa (19), Bethany (18), Rebecca (15).
Expertise and Work Experience
- Professional Expertise/Specialization: Administration, Humanitarian Aid
- What did you do before working at PCG?I worked for 4 years as a receptionist and ophthalmic technician at an optometrist’s office.
- Favorite Part about working with PCG clients: Getting to interact with them when they first walk into the office. I’ve learned that something as simple as smiling and creating conversation can make someone’s day!
- Why do you enjoy working at PCG?: I appreciate working for a company that values its employees and their well-being and who is passionate about being able to give our clients peace of mind about their financial health and future
- Awards: Dean’s List-Spring 2018
- Proudest Accomplishment: During the summer of 2018, I had the incredible opportunity to live and work in Yellowstone National Park. It was a life-changing experience, I made friends that have become family, and I grew personally in ways that I never expected.
Charity and Organizational Involvement
- Charity/Organization 1:
- Charity Name: Cru at UConn (2017-Present)
- Level of Involvement: Digital Strategies Coordinator; Community Outreach and Service Leader
- Why is this charity/organization important to you? It gives me the opportunity to make new friends in the college environment while simultaneously using my administrative and strategic skills. I also get to share my passions and help students learn about community outreach.
- Charity/Organization 2:
- Charity Name: Bridges International UConn (2018-present)
- Level of Involvement: Chapter Co-founder and Leader
- Why is this charity/organization important to you? Bridges is very special to me because through it I get to meet students from around the world and learn more about their cultures while helping give them a home away from home.
- Charity/Organization 3:
- Charity Name: Church Army USA (2018-present)
- Level of Involvement:Volunteer
- Why is this charity/organization important to you? As a future Social Work major, I am very passionate about social justice, humanitarian aid, and human rights. Through Church Army (aka Street Church), I get to help make a difference in people’s lives and the world around me.
Personality and Other
- New Hobby or Activity During Stay-at-Home: I have been apartment hunting for the past couple of months, which has been difficult with the pandemic, but I am excited to move into my new home at the end of July! I’ve also been educating myself on social justice, racial equality, and diversity through various books, videos, and studies with friends.
- Favorite type of music: CCM (Contemporary Christian Music)
- What has COVID-19 made you appreciate most?: The previous office I worked for was closed for three months due to COVID-19 and worked for PCG three weeks before WFM, so I’ve appreciated that PCG has given us the tools, training, and opportunity to work from home.
- Favorite Book: The Road Back to You by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile
- Favorite Sports Team: San Jose Sharks 🏒
- Favorite activity/hobby outside the office:Spending time with friends & exploring new coffee shops in Connecticut
- Dogs or Cats: Dog - Cali (Bishon/Shih Tzu mix. 1 ½ years old)
- First job: Working as a Sales Associate & Jewelry Department Lead at Kohl’s from 2013-2016.
- Dream travel destination:The Holy Land!
Be sure to follow Private Capital Group on our social media pages and tune in every other Wednesday to learn more about the Private Capital Group team. As always, we hope that you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy.